PRACTICESBusiness and Commercial Litigation
Civil Litigation, Negligence, and Tort Liability
Labor and Employment Law
EDUCATIONTexas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
J.D. - 1983
Honors: Board of Barristers
Honors: Mock Trial Scholarship Award
Honors: Delta Theta Phi legal fraternity, Member
Texas Tech University, Lubbock
B.B.A. - 1980
Honors: Dean's List
Honors: Phi Delta Theta fraternity, Member
U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1984
U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1990
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1984
Bryan T. Pope
Bryan T. Pope Classes and Seminars
- January 1999, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2010. 2018, 2019, 2020 - Spoke at the AIMS (Amusement Industry Manufacturers & Suppliers) Safety Seminar at the Legal Roundtable, and taught classes on Evaluating a Claim, Depositions, Documents and Forms and participated in a mock trial.
- November 2019 - Chosen to present an educational session at the 2019 IAAPA Convention on ASTM standards and spoke at the Waterpark Lunch on the same topic.
- January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018 - Spoke at the Six Flags Safety and Security Counter-Part Meeting on various industry issues.
- October 2017 - Spoke at World Water Park Association on How to Keep a Claim from Going South.
- February 2015 - Spoke at IAAPA FEC Seminar on risk managemnet and hot legal topics.
- May 2002, 2003, 2012 - Spoke at the Roller Skating Association National Convention on the RSA Risk Management Program and participated in a mock trial in 2003. Also spoke at several Section 5 RSA Meetings including in September 2015 on the "Open Carry" gun law and in October 2018 on RSA Risk Management Guidelines.
- January 2011 and 2012 - Spoke at teh Jeff Ellis National Aquatic Safety School on social networking issues (Face to Face with your Employees - Facebook and Beyond) and presented a course on Depositions and Document Preparation.
- June 2011 - Spoke at BPAA Bowl Expo on risk management issues facing bowling centers.
- October 2010 - Spoke at World Water Park Association on issues presented to employers by Social Networking sites.
- April 2010 - Spoke at the Home Builders Association of Greater Dallas on Negligent Security cases Against Homebuilders.
- November 2006 and 2007 - Spoke at the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) on emerging industry issues. Planned and coordinated IAAPA Legal Roundtable in 2012 and 2013 as President of International Amusement & Leisure Defense Association (IALDA) along with other IALDA members and IAAPA employees.
- November 2007 - Spoke at the World Water Park Association on Emergency Response Plans and liability issues surrounding the use of Automated External Defibrillators.
- September 2001, March 2002, June 2003, June 2006 - Presentation to the Architect/Engineer Liability and Practice in Texas Seminar on Professional Liability: A Primer for Design Professionals
- October 2001 - Presentation on Construction Management Design Build in Texas
- January 1995 - Presentation to American Society of Safety Engineers on Keys To Serving As An Expert Witness.
- April 1994 - Spoke at the Southwestern Social Science Association Forensic Economics Program on The Value of Intangible and Hedonic Damaes and commented in May 1995 on a paper presented to the same forum on Problems in Estimating an Earnings Function in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases.
- RSA Risk Management Program regarding Premises Liability at Roller Skating Rinks, Roller Skating Association National Convention
- Emerging industry issues, International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions
- Emergency Response Plans and liability issues surrounding the use of Automated External Defibrillators, World Water Park Association
- Negligent Security Cases Against Homebuilders, Home Builders Association of Greater Dallas
- Social Networking sites, World Water Park Association
- Social networking issues (Face to Face with your Employees - Facebook and Beyond), Jeff Ellis National Aquatic Safety School
- Depositions and Document Preparation, Jeff Ellis National Aquatic Safety School
- Risk management issues facing bowling centers, BPAA Bowl Expo
- Numerous in-house continuing education presentations for insurance carriers and self-insured clients.